There are many ways you can make a payment to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), and we’re here to help you choose the payment method that’s right for you:
- using your financial institution’s telephone or online banking service
- using the CRA’s pre-authorized debit service offered through My Account, which lets you:
- set up a payment from your bank account to the CRA on a pre-set date
- pay an overdue amount or make instalment payments
- through the CRA’s My Payment service, which lets you make payments online. You can use this service if you have Visa® Debit, Debit MasterCard® or Interac® Online at a participating financial institution
- through a third-party service provider that offers payment by credit card or PayPal
- in person at any Canada Post outlet using cash or debit card
See also “CRA’s My Account”
What if you can’t pay in full?
If you owe money to the CRA but you can’t pay the full amount now, the CRA can work with you to set up a payment arrangement. This arrangement lets you make smaller payments over time until you’ve paid your entire debt, including interest.